Forest School First Aid Course
Gain the knowledge, confidence and skills you need to respond to a medical emergency when working with children in an outdoor setting.
By the same token, meet the requirement for Forest School First Aid by completing our ITC certified Forest School First Aid Course
Who is Forest School First Aid Training for?
Forest School Level 3 training requires practitioners to hold a current Outdoor First Aid at Work qualification.
Likewise, any outdoor practitioner working with children will benefit from the peace of mind gained from taking this First Aid course.
What you’ll learn
Over two days, you’ll learn basic life saving techniques for treating children from the age of one year old and upwards. Day one covers emergency first aid. Day two covers incident management.
Day one learning objectives
- Vital signs
- Dealing with incidents safely
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Collapse: causes and treatment
- Monitoring vital signs
- CPR resuscitation procedures: adult and child
- Heart attacks
- Choking: adult and child. Conscious and unconscious
- External and internal bleeding: minor and major wounds
- Dressing and bandaging
- Conscious and unconscious bleeding incidents
- Shock: signs, symptoms and treatment
Day two learning objectives
- Soft and hard tissue injuries
- Head, neck and other serious injuries
- Handling injured casualties
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Burns and scalds
- Poisoning including bites and stings and anaphylaxis
- Eye injuries
- Common medical emergencies and illnesses
- Outdoor incident management scenarios
- Remote improvised techniques
Successful candidates will receive a recognised certification by email, which is valid for three years.
How long will it take?
How many hours?
Forest School First Aid Training, is competency-based and involves continuous observation by the trainer.
Your Forest School First Aid training facilitators
Silver Fox Training Ltd delivers Forest School First Aid Training on our behalf. This provider understands Forest School and working with children outdoors.
Next available course dates
Forest School, First Aid Training, takes place at Ringmer Primary School, Ringmer, Lewes, BN8 5LL
Dates: 29th & 30th Janary 2022
Time: 9.00am – 6.00pm